Just found this out by navigating to USA Today’s News subsite and trying to click on the Sign in with Facebook under the generic avatar icon positioned off to the top right of the webpage.
If you use Windows 7 or 8 and/or Internet Explorer 9 or 10 try this:
- Click on the gear icon found in the upper right corner of Internet Explorer under the red X.
- Click Internet Options
- Click on the Security tab
- Click on the icon of a green check box with the words Trusted Sites underneath it
- Click on the Sites button
- In the Add this website to the zone: section, with the keyboard type http://www.usatoday.com
- Click the Add button.
- Click Close.
- Click the OK button to close out of Internet Options. You don’t need to click Apply first.
- Hit (press) the F5 key on your keyboard. You may need to do Ctrl+F5 (hard refresh) to get a fresh (un-cached) copy of the webpage. To do that, press and hold down the Ctrl key. Keeping your finger pressed down on the Ctrl key, press the F5 key, then release both.
- Now hover over the avatar on the top of the webpage and click Sign in with Facebook.
If you don’t have a Facebook account but have a Google+ account then click on the Sign in with Google button. You an also try holding the Ctrl key down while you click the button. That sometimes helps.